Friday, September 24, 2010

Workshop at Whaley Studios


If you have been making or collecting art beads in any media but are still not sure how to use them, I'll be teaching a one day workshop called "Designing and Making Jewelry with Artisan Beads" at Jay Wahley's jewelry studio on October 9. Back in the days before I made glass beads I used to string beads and make jewelry using broken pieces that were either given to me or with beads that I would find at garage sales and thrift stores. Later when I learned glass bead making I always kept the idea that beads could and should be worn and that there are so many ways to design with them. This will be the first time for me to teach this class as I usually teach glass beadmaking or glass fusing so it's exciting and a little nerve racking to try out a new thing. One thing for sure is it we will have fun and create some fabulous things and get a chance to play with some nice materials. If you haven't been to Jay's studio it's a beautiful facility in the wonderful Hillcrest neighborhood of San Diego. For more information and to sign up please visit Jay's website www.whaleystudios.ning.com
I'll have kits and beads available for you or you can bring your own beads to create with. I'd love to see you there!


Here is a bracelet with lampwork glass beads, carnelian seed beads and a silver Mercury dime button clasp.




No comments: