Monday, September 6, 2010

September Song

Boats at Lake Henshaw.
We took a Sunday drive out to the back country this Labor Day weekend. It was surprisingly quiet on the roads and at the lake as everyone seems to be wrapping up their summer.

I've been making beads for 4 days straight in preparation for the Best Bead Show this coming week in Tucson. I can't believe I've gotten this much time to work since I only managed about one day a week of bead making this summer.
I love Arizona, even with its crazy disfunction. I debated whether to boycott the state or not since I in no way agree with their immigration stance. I live less than 1 hour from the California/Mexico border, 10 minutes away from the San Onofre border check and about 20 minutes from the Fallbrook/ Temecula border check. I have witnessed firsthand the positives and negatives of immigration both legal and illegal as a Southern Californian. I decided that a boycott of the state was not in my best interest as a good portion of my livelihood depends on Arizona and I can show some solidarity with my peeps who are not down with the nuttiness of their state government. Besides who are we in Cali to decide, we have our own crazy politicians that would love to implement similar kinds of laws and have tried to in the past.
The Best Bead Show starts Friday, September 10 and runs through Sunday the 12th. It's located at Kino Veterans Memorial Community Center, 2805 E. Ajo Way. Tucson, AZ
Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please stop by my booth and say hello and check out my beads, jewelry and glass.

No comments: